Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Devotion

Devotionprofound dedication; consecration; earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.
Synonyms: zeal, ardor, love
(www.dictionary.com)


The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists Ministerial Department sent me a devotional book for the new year. It's The Chosen written by Pastor Dwight Nelson. My normal thoughts regarding "devotional" books is not one of excitement or anticipation. In fact, though I often struggle with direction in my personal study time, devotional books rarely provide an effective personal worship experience or even worthwhile springboard into further study. I have only found one daily devotional I have truly liked.


Still, I knew I needed a jumpstart in 2012 to my personal worship time. The first three days of The Chosen have been fantastic reminders of who we are in the eyes of God. More importantly for me, who I am in the eyes of God. Regardless of my life experiences (mistakes, choices, victories, social status, etc, etc) I am a child of God who He chose. I am alive because God wanted, and still wants, me to be alive.


God wants my devotion. He wants my profound dedication and consecration to Him. He has demonstrated the dedication and consecration to me He hopes for me to return. And, He is willing and able to help me achieve the desired result. Call it zeal, ardor, love. Call it what you will. But God is earnestly attaching Himself to us. Maybe it's time we returned the favor.

No comments: