Monday, January 2, 2012

Changing it Up

New resolutions have been made and not kept by so many I'm not sure what the point of the resolutions really are. Maybe we should resolve to not make resolutions.

Actually my wife and I have decided to take a different approach this year. Based on a friend's past resolution we will choose a new resolution every month and work on it for only 29-31 days. January we will go without eating sweets or drinking soda. We don't drink a great deal of soda but I have the worst time staying away for candy, cake, pie, ice cream, cookies or anything else that is pastry-like. We want to see the different it makes in our bodies and on our minds.

So far the first two days have been a breeze. Day 3 is always the hardest.

Christ calls us to a life of self-denial and sacrifice. Not for the sake of sacrifice, as if sacrifice would gain me entrance into heaven, but for the sake of submitting to His will for my life. We want 2012 to be a year of submission to Christ. So we start with baby steps of sweets and soda.

1 comment:

Big Rich said...

good luck with that mug