Thursday, February 2, 2012

Redeeming the Time

My past is full of wasted time. Not from developing relationships which no longer exists; I learned from those. Not from studying for tests I no longer remember; it has to be in my brain somewhere. But I have wasted my time preparing for things which do not matter. I have spent hours worrying about something God was in control of in the first place.

When God opens our blind eyes we begin to realize the time we have wasted. He shines light on our darkness and asks us to pay attention. "See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is." (Ephesians 5:15-17)

My time should be spent preparing for the culture of heaven and encouraging others to do the same. Changing my behavior is not something I am able to do myself. But God is willing to redeem the time I have used to avoid the change. God places peace in my heart about the change. God helps me make better decisions for my future than I've made in the past.

Don't be foolish. Don't be turned off by the false Christian experience of others. Be wise and redeem the time by letting God show you the culture of heaven in your life today.

No comments: